Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to make a tulle bed canopy!

Update: Dec.6, 2011
I have changed the design of the canopy. Practice makes perfect! I will be making 3 custom canopies this week and will post pics next week. the new design is less bulky, more refined, and sturdier!
~Razzle Dazzle
Of course a the phone camera does not do this precious princess haven any justice....Supplies:*At least 3 large rolls of tulle (100yds each)I usually wait for tulle and ribbon to go half off at Hobby Lobby (about every other week) * 5yd roll of ribbon of choice *1 ceiling hook *one hula hoop *hot glue gun *lighter






This is so simple! Measuring the tulle is the time consuming part! Measure each tulle strip about 7 ft. long. The rolls are already 6 in wide. Then you know what you do? You tie the tulle to the hula hoop one strip at a time leaving about 3 in at the top for fluff!










I left about an 8 inch opening on each side(North, South, East, and West) and wrapped and hot glued ribbon around. I will take a better pic of how I did this next week when I make the other 3 canopies. I totally guestimated ribbon lengths on thsi one. I cut about about 4, 2 ft. strips of ribbin and tied one to the middle of each of the 8 in. spaces I let them hang over the side like pictured, and then I tied the 4 ribbons to each other in the middle of the hoop to create the canopy. Then I tied a bow as seen atthe tope to cover the knot!












I then measures another strip of ribbon. You will need to measure the distnace from your ceiling hook to where you would like the canopy to hang. This measurement will vary as ceiling heights differ, and you may want your canopy to hang closer to the floor at the end. once you determine this ribbon length, tie this ribbon to the bow, make another bow at the very top and slide it into your ceiling hook! if you have any questions, let me know. i will be posting better stepby step pictures next week because i have a few of these to make for family and friends.


~Razzle Dazzle















































































































1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see the step pics want toake this for my granddaughter

    ReplyDelete