Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recycled Cardboard Box Playcastle

There really is no need for a tutorial here. Cardboard box, paint, imagination...............

We got a new dishwasher last week. I was originally going to use the box as a stage prop for a play(stove). After staring at it for a couple of days I thought, "My 3 year old can totally fit inside of this box." I have to admit that this looks a whole lot better than some of the other cardboard box playhouses. It is also sturdier, and cheaper than the playhouses that can be purchased at Wal-mart and Target. I recycled the HECK out of this box & that's something to feel good about.



Now this project was time consuming, so it is more from someone who enjoys painting and crafting. If you are not enjoying the process of creating after a while you start to think.."What the heck am I doing? This is a cardboard box!" You could always go without painting or paint it a single color to save time. I am sure that the little ones will not mind!

~Razzle Dazzle





No comments:

Post a Comment