Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Scent Story




I never throw perfume away. Call me a hoarder, but I just never know when I'll want to take a trip down memory lane. Isn't it funny how smelling a certain scent can tale you back in time. Make you feel the way that you felt in a single point in time years ago. I don't know the name of the perfume pictured, but I can tell you every thing that happened the winter that I wore it daily. I was 17, a freshman in college, staying up late studying, studying with new friends in the school library, packing in the pounds eating the Fazzoli's pizza and breadsticks that was served in the college food court. was trying to find places to go in my first car....there was never anywhere to go in Tomball, TX, I got a financial aid check for $1200, and i thought I was in the money , I threw the 12- $100 bills in the air and laughed as I yelled, "I'm rich!" this small fortune ran out shortly after. My husband who was at that time my boyfriend sent this perfume to me in the mail from Virginia. He had recently dropped out of Gary Job corps in Tx, and moved to Virginia to work in construction with his brother. This scent makes me think of late nights on the phone with my boyfriend....this scent makes me think of becoming an adult...Well, this is the story of the pictured mystery scent. I enjoy wearing it every now and again, and spending the day reminiscing.




As I am typing this my 3 year old is sniffing me saying...'ooh mommy you smell good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment